Top 5 Road Bike Handlebar Bag: [Buying Guide]
What’s the best handlebar bag for a road bike? It is a question that bikers often ask themselves when they are looking to purchase a new bag. The answer will vary depending on what you ride, how much you want to carry, and how fast you travel. Here’s our list of the top 5 handlebar bags for road bikes.
- Rhinowalk Bike Handlebar Bag
- ROCKBROS Road Bike Handlebar Bag
- URLITE Road Bikes Handlebar Bag
- Vincita Frank Bicycle Handlebar Bag
- Roswheel Allnice 11494 Bike Handlebar Bag
Best Road Bike Handlebar Bag Review
When it comes time to get hold of a new set of handlebar bags, there are some basic factors that come into play: size, quality material and value for money. on top this list is comfort at all times when riding, but also style. We research more than 100 products and finally select top 5
1. Rhinowalk Bike Handlebar Bag
- Stable and anti-attrition
- Optimal Storage Room for Small Items
- Lightweight, Durable, and Compact
- Attractive Cute Design
- Two Segments Categorized to Easily Store Items
- Durable zipper pulls
- Packaged with a carabiner hook to attach it to your bike’s handlebar
If you are looking for a handy bike handlebar bag which can hold a lot of things in it and is comfortable to carry, then this is the right bag for you. It is a nice bike handlebar bag which comes with an adjustable shoulder strap, so you can wear it comfortably on your shoulder or just around your neck. It has been made of durable nylon material which makes it last for a long time.
2. ROCKBROS Road Bike Handlebar Bag
- Ideal for people who are looking for an easy-to-use, durable bag
- This bag can hold up to 2 Liters
- It has reflective signs
- The straps on the side will make it easier to travel with this bag
The Rock Brothers Bag is the perfect size for all your bike needs. It is a great bag that is a combination of a frame bag and a saddlebag. There is room to store all your clothing and accessories inside, as well as your bike tools, spare tubes, and a rain cover. The front frame bag has room for a map and/or a road book. It is designed to be an all-purpose bag. The shoulder straps are comfortable and can be adjusted for a variety of users. The handle bar strap is easily removable, so you can carry it as a saddlebag. This is a great bag for the novice or a seasoned cyclist.
3. URLITE Road Bikes Handlebar Bag
- Holds up to 26 liters of items, perfect for storing the essentials when in transit
- Two side pockets for easy access to your most used items
- Adjustable straps allow for one size fit all
- Provides added protection for your bike in bad weather
- Easy installation with no tools required
- Fits on any road bike
4. Vincita Frank Bicycle Handlebar Bag
- Made from high quality water-resistant nylon fabric
- The shape of the bag is designed to fit any type and size of bike handlebar
- Comes with two Velcro straps and rubber tape for a secure and comfortable grip
Vincita Frank bicycle handlebar bag is a practical design with side bottle pocket. This bicycle front bag can hold up to 4 liters. There is a side mesh pocket for a small water bottle. The bicycle bag is easy to access since it is positioned on the handlebar.
5. Roswheel Allnice 11494 Bike Handlebar Bag
- Securely stores water bottle, tools, snacks, phone and more
- Premium zipper for easy access
- Reflective stripe provides increased visibility to drivers
- Stays securely on bike with adjustable Velcro straps
- Storage compartment for flat items like maps or gloves
This bicycle handlebar bag is a safe and practical way to store your things. It is very convenient to carry it on the handlebar of your bicycle. You can take it along with you when you ride your bike.
Which type of handlebar bag is best for road bikes?
There are many types of handlebar bags on the market. Some that you might consider are:
Saddlebags: These saddlebags attach to your bike’s seat and can carry a good amount of weight.
Handlebar bags: These type of handlebar bags attach to the handlebars and have a strap that wraps around your shoulder, so they don’t slip off when you ride or stop suddenly.
Tubular handlebar bag: This type of handlebar bag has a tubular shape and is made from waterproof material, so it can be worn in the rain or snow without being damaged.
Water bottle cage: These are handlebar bags that attach directly to water bottles.
However, if you want a simple but useful bike bag for your road bike, then a handlebar bag is the best option.
How to Attach Rockbros Handlebar Bag for Road Bike
- Install foam spacers +/- 2 each
- Attach Velcro to handle bars
- Route cables
- Attach head tube strap
- Attach weight-bearing handlebar straps.
- Close up
Install foam spacers +/- 2 each: Take extra foam spacers and install them one by one against the bottom of your handlebars, while making sure they line up with all holes in the handlebar bag’s mounting bracket.
Attach Velcro to Handle bars: Once installed, peel off backing on provided loop of thick adhesive-backing Velcro strips coming from bags’ straps (make needed cuts for clamp tightening rod length) Install wrapped hooks onto these VELCRO straps of handlebars, making sure that all ends are lined up in a single piece.
Route cables: Feed your cables through the Velcro straps and route them around the bag’s pockets (keep in mind about proper cable lengths). Adjusting these cables take time, as you have to choose an appropriate length depending on your push-pull position as well.
Attach head tube strap: Grab the detachable handlebar strap and clip the Velcro pads at either ends of this once you’ve reached your desired seat height. This will allow a more comfortable riding position while holding the bag securely to your handle-bars.
Attach weight-bearing handlebar straps: Grab handlebar bag straps, line up the end of each strap and their opposite hand-grip with any Velcro pads sticking on backside loop. Once lined up, pull both ends and feed them through two slits/slots in this detachable head tube support bracket as well.
Pack: Zip up the bags, or simply throw them into your handlebar holder. If you use a water bottle cage for extra weight (and/or fit) you must exert some force on either side of these velcro straps in order to seat it properly against Velcro pads and post mated bars’ bar support bracket.
Why should panniers be packed with an even weight?
It’s, of course, a matter of weight distribution. Ideally you want the combined effect to be symmetrical with respect min/max weights and all side-weights balanced around center by straps attached directly on bag or through your top tube bars’ bracket.
This also guarantees a balanced distance and load distribution between wheels. Making things worse is the fact that riding experience can be attributed to bags’ number of panniers and their weight (and therefore width).
For example, light-weight seat pods with two side bags weighing only 2lbs each will inevitably cause handlebar bag’s frame to over flex, if all four stretch straps are not properly placed or tightened accordingly. On the other hand, these same bags, if packed with different weights (5lbs/3lbs/2 kg or 6lbs/4.5lb) will have very little influence on handling results down the road as none of these straps are loosely attached to the bag itself and therefore loose.
Whether you’re looking for a handlebar bag to carry your stuff while commuting or a mount for your road bike, there are many options available. The best road bike handlebar bag is an open air or a waterproof version. You can also get a small bag that clips onto the top of your handlebars. But if you want to buy one, make sure it has enough pockets for all your stuff and has a good quality strap.
What is the best handlebar bag for road bikes?
Handlebar bags range from being gear-less, such as a gel to carry your phone, drink and keys up to incorporating the brakes and shifters with of the bars. Handlebars vary in shape, so it’s important to find a bag that fits on your bike before buying one.